Event: Foundations of Soil Health: a FREE 2-part online workshop July 8 & 9, 8-11am
Napa RCD is excited to offer a FREE two-day soil health online workshop. Please share throughout your networks.
Agenda (day 1, July 8):
· Learn about the importance of maintaining proper soil health.
· Learn about different biological, physical, and chemical soil properties and how these properties can be assessed to determine soil health.
· Learn about the North Coast Soil Hub’s ongoing research about how different soil management practices affect/benefit soil health.
Agenda (day 2, July 9):
· Learn about how sheep grazing can benefit your soil.
· Learn how to determine and mitigate erosion risks in your vineyard using the universal soil loss equation.
· Learn about carbon farm planning and how you can use it to improve soil health.
· Learn about the soil health benefits of biochar, compost, and mulching.
· Miguel Garcia, PhD: Sustainable Ag Program Manager, Napa RCD
· Bill Birmingham: Conservation Project Manager, Napa RCD
· Evelyn Denzin: Resource Conservationist, NRCS
· Chip Bouril: Soil Conservationist, NRCS
· Kelsey Brewer: Graduate Student, UC Davis
· Jeff Creque, PhD: Director, Carbon Cycle Institute
· Josiah Hunt: CEO, Pacific Biochar
Brought to you by Napa RCD, West Marin Compost,
Pacific Biochar, and USDA-NRCS
Questions? Contact Miguel: