Soil erosion and sedimentation are naturally occurring processes in Napa County. But, too much erosion can lead to issues with our watershed health and our water quality. What is erosion and how can we prevent it from occurring on our properties and in our neighborhoods? Below, you will find some useful links about erosion and sedimentation and what we can do during the rainy season.
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation - Understanding Napa County Watersheds by Napa Resource Conservation District
- Prevent Soil Erosion on your Property - A Homeowner's guide to erosion control by the California Watershed Recovery Project
- Stormwater Program - County of Napa
- Best Management Practice for Erosion and Sediment Control - County of Napa
For resources about erosion control after a fire visit the following pages:
- Preparing for Winter after the Fire - US Department of Agriculture by Rich Casale
- Post Fire Restoration Dos and Don'ts - US Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service