Water Conservation Video Contest
2021 Video Contest: Imagine Our Water-Wise Future
More about the 2021 Contest:
More frequent drought conditions are our new normal, and it is our responsibility to conserve water to support a healthy environment. A thriving environment means a thriving society.
Imagine it is the year 2040: What does a water-wise Napa County look like? What are you and others doing to help protect our water resources for generations to come?
Water Conservation Programs of City of Calistoga, City of Napa, Town of Yountville, City of St. Helena, City of American Canyon, Napa County and Napa County Resource Conservation District are sponsoring a video contest for high school students and all-ages groups with at least one child as member ("families") of Napa County. The winning video will be used as a public service announcement (PSA) at Century Napa Valley Theatre. The winner(s) will also receive a $250 cash prize plus a $60 gift certificate to the Theatre! The second place winner receives a $150 cash prize. The third place winner receives a $100 cash prize.
Contest sponsors are looking for creative videos that address this year's theme. Students and families can create a newscast, skit, animation, commercial, reality television show, or even a music video. Let your imagination go wild. Carefully review the following documents before completing your project.
Contest Guidelines (PDF) [Guidelines focus on student entries, same rules apply to other entries]
Video Contest Entry Form (PDF) [Entry form focuses on student entries, same information needed for other entries]
For more information about the contest, contact Danielle Ashton: 707-252-4189 x3125 or Danielle@NapaRCD.org
All-ages groups with at least one child as team member. Entries can be an individual (if individual is 18 or younger) or team. Limit one entry per person or team.
- The video must be exactly 30 seconds in length. Videos over 30 seconds in length will be disqualified. No professional assistance or use of copyright material is allowed. Such use will result in an automatic disqualification.
- Entry deadline is 5 PM, Friday, May 28, 2021
- Videos (.mov, .mp4, or .avi files) AND Entry Forms must be submitted to Dropbox by the deadline. Note: Dropbox link will be available here starting on May 1, 2021.
- Contestants must submit a signed Entry Form (one form for EACH person involved in video) along with the video. Submit form to Dropbox account. Photos or scans of entry forms are acceptable (e.g. JPG or PDF files).
- Contestants must name the video file and entry form file with their full name (e.g. JemmaWilliams.mov and JemmaWilliams.jpg).
- Video follows the contest theme
- Video is accurate
- Video empowers the audience to take action to conserve water
- Video is exactly 30 seconds and is submitted as a .mov, .mp4, or .avi file
- Audio and technical construction is clear and of high quality
- Video is entertaining, creative and original
- Contest entry form is filled out properly and includes a creative title
Theme: I Save Our Water Because...
1st Place: We All Live Down River, Giulia Guerrera (Napa High School) and Marie Dolcini (Mom!)
2nd Place: Conserve for the Future, Vintage High School Thirst Project
Theme: Water in a Changing Climate
1st Place- Sarah Carelton & Emma Wallenbrock -Water in a Changing Climate (Napa High School)
2nd Place- Martin Arriaga- Small Steps to Conserve Water (Napa High School)
3rd Place- Itzi Padilla- You Can Save Water by Doing a Little Thing (American Canyon High School)
Theme: Never Enough to Waste
1st Place - Kai Matthiasson & Ilenna Brown (Napa High School) Conservation Conversation
2nd Place - Fryl Chelzea Dela Cruz (American Canyon High School) Never Enough to Waste
3rd Place - Chanelle Mayrix Roces & Marvic Vivo (American Canyon High School) Wasted on the Way
Theme: Reimagine your yard - Conserving water outdoors
1st Place - Sarah Lippmann, Andrew Raymond, Elena Ingram (Napa High School) View here
2nd Place - Eliana Matteo, Mary Manuta, Matthew Rico (American Canyon High School) View here
3rd Place - Madison Edmeyer, Mo Gottfried, Hannah Sigourney (Napa High School) View here
Every Drop Counts – Water Conservation as the new normal for California
1st Place Joshua Padilla, Jackie Salinas, Yarra Bolla, Edna Santos (American Canyon HS) View here
2nd Place Luis Buenaventura (American Canyon HS) View here
3rd Place Julionna Robinson, Ernesto Garcia, Chezlaine Barrero, John Dizon (American Canyon HS) View here
Learn More about Water Conservation
Visit the WICC Water Conservation webpage to find out about conservation programs where you live.