Event: Negotiating Effective Environmental Agreements
Creating solutions for today’s environmental, energy, and natural resource management issues often rests on effective negotiation. While you or your staff may have had some exposure to negotiation, CONCUR’s training will take your experience to the next level of professional practice and enable you to produce more powerful agreements.
CONCUR’s intensive two-day workshop is designed to meet the needs of professionals who are in a position to negotiate environmental agreements. We show you how face-to-face negotiation can augment traditional policy making with creative agreements that are better informed and more stable. During the training, course members will learn the principles of mutual gains bargaining, apply them in a series of simulated disputes, and reflect on the application of these tools to their work situations.
- Framing issues to capture benefits in negotiation
- Negotiation tools and techniques
- CONCUR’s stepwise model of negotiated agreements
- Avoiding pitfalls of escalation
- Hands-on simulations of environmental issues
- Key Roles: conveners, negotiators, mediators, and technical advisors
- Practical negotiation case studies
- Engaging your cases: advice to improve environmental decision-making
*Light continental breakfast will be provided both mornings*
For more event details and to register, click here.