Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee meeting
The Groundwater Sustainability Plan Advisory Committee (GSPAC) will meet Thursday, July 9, 2020, at 1:30 pm. One can attend this meeting online. Information on how to join the meeting virtually can be found on the agenda.
All Videos, agendas, and any meeting materials for GSPAC are available on the GSPAC's agendas and minutes webpage.
This is the first meeting of the GSPAC. Agenda items for the July 9th GSPAC meeting include:
- Committee introductions,
- Review of Committee Bylaws and Charge,
- Overview of Brown Act and Public Meeting laws,
- Election of Committee Chair and Co-Chair,
- Adoption of Committee Ground Rules,
- Adoption of the Committee's 2020 meeting calendar,
- Presentation on Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) regulations, outline, and timeline, and
- Presentation on groundwater hydrology by Thomas Harter PhD., UC Davis.
The Napa County Groundwater Sustainability Agency (NCGSA) appointed the GSPAC on June 9, 2020, to advise the NCGSA Board of Directors on the preparation of a Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP), with policies and recommendations to manage the groundwater within the Napa Valley Groundwater Subbasin to ensure its long-term protection and availability. Working with staff, consultants, and a facilitator in a public forum, the GSPAC is tasked to submit a recommended GSP to the NCGSA Board of Directors for consideration no later than November 1, 2021.
Visit this link for additional information on the GSA and Sustainable Groundwater Management.