Napa County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
- Prevent stormwater pollution
- Protect and enhance water quality in creeks and wetlands
- Preserve beneficial uses of local waterways
- Comply with State and federal regulations
Though the entities of the NCSPPP carry out their own individual stormwater pollution prevention programs, the NCSPPP provides for the coordination and consistency of approaches between the individual participants and documents their efforts in annual reports.
For Eco-Friendly pest management practices, a website called, Our Water Our World has been developed to assist consumers in managing home and garden pests in a way that helps protect our water. Among other things, this website offers:
- Assorted fact sheets/forma informativas on specific pests and methods to manage them without using hazardous materials.
- Pocket guide to less toxic products for managing common pests.
- Information on where to buy less toxic pesticides, including fungicides and herbicides.
- A list of products by brand name that are considered less toxic alternatives to more conventional pesticides.
- A list of products by the pest they target.
- An Ask the Expert feature that allows you to ask a specific question and receive a personal reply.