Independent Citizens Oversight Committee Sought for SF Bay Restoration Authority
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:00am
Measure AA is expected to generate $25 million annually for Bay restoration over the next 20 years.
Funding from this measure will allow for the restoration of thousands of acres of natural habitat for wildlife, support the local economy, improve access to public lands, address flooding issues, and create thousands of new jobs.
The Authority's Governing Board seeks six individuals to serve on the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee.
The Committee has three main roles:
- Annually review the Authority's conformance with Measure AA;
- Review the Authority's audits and expenditure and financial reports; and
- Publish an annual report of its findings, which will be posted on the Authority's website.
The Board seeks committee members from all four Bay Area regions and with special subject matter expertise.
Subject Matter Expertise: Each member of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee must possess expertise in one or more of the following subject matters:
- Water quality,
- Pollution reduction,
- Habitat restoration,
- Flood protection,
- Improvement of public access to the bay, or
- Financing of these objectives.
Factors that Determine Ineligibility for Membership: No person may serve on the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee who:
- Is an elected official or government employee;
- Has had or could have a financial interest in a decision of the Authority; or
- Is affiliated with an organization associated with a member of the Governing Board.
Apply to serve on the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee by March 30, 2018.
For more information, visit the SF Bay Restoration Authority's website (http://sfbayrestore.org/) or contact Karen McDowell, Project Manager, SF Bay Restoration Authority, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-778-6685.